Friday 26 September 2014

"Comeback" - Ella Eyre

My artist of choice at the moment is Ella Eyre; I like this song of hers in particular:


It's "Comeback"; the track is intended to come from Eyre's as-of-yet unnamed debut studio album. Eyre rose to prominence in 2013 as a featured artist on British band Rudimental's song "Waiting All Night". In 2014, she has established herself as a solo artist with her songs "If I Go" and now with "Comeback".

The pronunciation of Eyre's last name has occasionally caused confusion: some people say "ay-er" whereas others say "air". The majority prefer the latter, so that's what I use when vocalising her name.

As for the music video to "Comeback", it's enjoyable enough. While I have no tolerance for a cheating partner, I do think that vandalising a cheater's house and burning their car is an excessive response. Even if the cheater does deserve it, vandalism is a criminal offence!

This must sound clichéd now, but I honestly do look forward to hearing more from Ella Eyre. I think she's fantastic.

4 comments:

  1. I would pronounce it as "air" too! I like the song... though I've been in this situation twice, so it's relatable. I didn't resort to vandalism, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think vandalism would probably end up making the cheater look like the innocent party. :/

      Delete
  2. Her voice was surprisingly low...

    ReplyDelete