Tuesday 23 September 2014

Primary cook

I achieved something this morning: I baked chocolate brownies by myself. I was not assisting anyone else with their cooking: the cooking was solely mine. I baked four trays of brownies, which brought me to a total of 79 brownies. There was a fifth tray of them but I accidentally dropped it on the floor; that mixture became brownie bits rather than actual brownies, but they still taste great.

I fully intend to share these treats. There is no way that I can eat all 79 of them and the fragments; if I did, I would probably be physically sick and be sick of brownies. Fortunately, it was my intention from the start to share the brownies.

I am pleased that I have now cooked something entirely by myself. Sure, brownies aren't particularly difficult to make but one has to start somewhere!

8 comments:

  1. WHAT?! This is the first thing you've ever cooked EVER by yourself?! Congrats! Keep it going. Cooking is such an important skill to have as a fully functioning, independent adult. :)

    Also, that was not meant to be judgmental! I was just shocked. I guess in all your posts you always say that you and your brother or mom baked or cooked, but I guess I just assumed that you cook/know how to cook by yourself too. I'm sure all the people you share the brownies with will very much appreciate them (minus the floor brownies hah)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I finally had a chance to cook something by myself. I am quite reliant on recipes, though.

      The floor brownies are fine; my grandparents and I will eat them. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know...it sounds like you really want them to yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah...there are too many. Besides, I want to share. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I would, but they'd probably be stale by the time they got to you! :o

      Delete