Monday 22 September 2014

Narrowly on the bus

I narrowly made it onto both my buses today. This morning, it was my intention to catch the bus at 12:00 but I was instead able to make the 11:45 ride. The bus was delayed by the traffic for a minute, which provided me with enough time to run down and make it. I was exhausted, but at least I had an earlier bus. The only problem was that I was sat in the hottest part of the bus for the whole journey; fortunately, a lady a few seats in front of me opened a window for herself and the wind blew down to me.

As for the second bus, when I saw it driving up the road by the college as I left the building, I thought that I would miss it and be forced to wait twenty minutes for the next bus. Astoundingly, despite my being delayed, I managed to make it to the second bus, albeit narrowly; another minute and I likely would have missed it.

6 comments:

  1. A kid's biggest nightmare. Missing the bus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I actually like riding the bus; it's getting on and finding a seat that's often the pain.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I like taking public transit too. In the burbs seating isn't an issue here because no one rides the bus in the burbs. Now the city is a different story.

      Delete
    3. The bus I get in the middle of Nottingham is actually the easiest bus for me to find a seat on: when I get on, it's at the end of it's journey, so others are getting off! :)

      Delete