Sunday 21 September 2014

Plant pot of mud

I have spent much of today performing garden work for my grandparents. In particular, I was emptying dead or dying plants from my grandfather's collection of potted flora. While this might sound easy, most of them were fairly large plants with established root systems within each pot. It was almost a battle to extract some of them.

In one case, the plant itself came out easily, but the dirt inside was practically stuck to the inside of the pot. To remove the dirt, I soaked it to transform it into mud, after which it was still stuck to the pot; thus, I had to scoop the mud out by hand. You can imagine how filthy I was after emptying a plant pot full of mud; I had created a mud pie, but it was not one that I would have recommended anyone eat.

I completed the work and now I'm all clean. I have some more garden work to do, which I'll do over the next few weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Gardening is hard work! Most don't realize that. It might be hard work, but it's relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little sore but the work was mostly fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Are you a clean freak, Andrew? :)

    ReplyDelete