Friday 1 November 2013

Bloggers Blog Party - October 2013

My October 2013 pictures for the Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party; this post only has four images:

Thursday, 10th October: I found these coins hidden in the same place where I keep my Sacagawea dollar. The coin at the top is an Oregon quarter, the middle coins are British (two pennies and 20 pence) and I think the bottom coin is Japanese (I'm not sure, to be honest). Ironically, when I first obtained the British coins several years ago, I considered them to be foreign currency; now, I spend these, although I intend to keep these particular coins.

Wednesday, 9th October: A bag of jelly babies. My brother bought a few of these when we all came down with a cold; jelly babies help to soothe sore throats, even though they're not actually supposed to be medicinal.

Tuesday, 15th October: The tiny battery on the left is a 28L 6v Duracell lithium battery. I was intrigued by the small Duracell, as I don't ever recall seeing one until that day. I had to take a picture of the 28L being compared to an AA and a D.

Wednesday, 23rd October: Dad found this horse chestnut, more commonly known as a buckeye or a conker. He said that it's not uncommon to find them at this time of year; since I took this picture, he found another!

I did not take any worthwhile pictures from Monday, October 28th to Thursday, October 31st, hence why there are only four in this post.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. :) I've never seen a chestnut like that. It's awesome looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing one similar in California. :)

      Delete