Sunday 24 November 2013

The golf balls

A very long time ago, I used to collect golf balls:

Back when my family and I lived in California, there was a park that we walked to most Sundays. This park was popular with golfers, who would play their games but never pick up after themselves. My brother and I would pick up all the balls we found and bring them home; we amassed a golf ball collection while cleaning the park of what was technically "litter".

The two golf balls in the above picture are the only ones I have left; however, neither of them came from the park. I received them from a neighbor in Oregon. Other than them, I do not collect golf balls anymore; don't get me wrong, golf balls are neat, but I no longer have any need to collect them.

4 comments:

  1. Nan once made a dog sculpture out of golf balls. I think we got rid of it, but it was neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound neat and interesting; it's a shame it had to be got rid of. :(

      Delete
  2. You could turn them into . . . eyeballs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or juggle with them. :P Actually, no...juggling was what got my original collection from over a decade ago thrown away!

      Delete