Sunday 17 November 2013

"Everybody in Love" - JLS

This is "Everybody in Love" by British band JLS:


This is the first song of theirs that I ever heard. It was released in the United States in early 2010 but I recall hearing it in late-2009 on the Open House Party. I really liked the song and looked forward to hearing more of JLS on the radio once we had moved to the United Kingdom.

Today, they released their final single, "Billion Lights". Back in April, JLS announced that they would split up once their last tour, The Greatest Hits Tour, has concluded. Still, there is always the possibility that this split will only be temporary and that they'll be back together again one day. We'll just have to see.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I never heard this song. I always find it funny because British people don't sound British in their songs (it's like their accents disappear!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly enough, I've found that, too! You're not the only person who's said that, either; I recall a radio presenter saying the same thing and I think that my grandmother remarked about it, too.

      Not all British artists do, though; some do retain their accents. I might send you a couple of examples if I think of any. :)

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of the band JLS (and subsequently have not heard of either of the songs you mentioned) but I do hate when my favorite bands split up, such a bummer. Fingers crossed they get over their differences and get back to making music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not actually sure why they've broken up; I don't think it was due to any fights within the band but that aspect of the breakup might have been kept private.

      I wouldn't say they're a favorite band of mine but I do like them. :) I would have preferred them to have stuck around for a few more years but they are entitled to move on.

      Delete