Tuesday 26 November 2013

Writing about belongings

I've written several posts about some of my belongings. It recently occurred to me that such posts could be seen as boasting or seeking some sort of validation. I'd like to give my assurances that this is not the case.

I only write about certain possessions of mine because, for the most part, they are objects I've owned for years and I wanted to share a little about my history. They are also merely something else to write about; the whole point of my blog is to write and share some of my experiences. My "[object] with a hat" posts, which do fall under the belongings category, are only done for a little bit of humour, nothing more.

While I doubt that anyone thought that I had any other reason(s) for writing about some of my belongings beyond what I stated above, I wanted to clarify anyway. If people seem to appreciate them, I'll keep posting!

5 comments:

  1. I clicked on your belongings, and I found the snow globe to be the most boastful. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which post about the globe was that? I looked at both:

      http://airnicetolivelands.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/snow-globe-with-hat.html

      http://airnicetolivelands.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/my-daily-decoration.html

      Delete
    2. I was kidding! I just zipped through the belongings label and picked something cute. :-) You are not boastful.

      Delete
    3. Ah! Okay; sense of humor failure on my part! :P

      Delete
  2. I understand and don't worry, I didn't think that at all! I love reading about them. :)

    ReplyDelete