Saturday 23 November 2013

Smell of cooking food

This evening, the house was filled with the aroma of pizzas cooking in the oven. Cooking pizza has, in my opinion, a delicious smell to it; this odour will remain in the house hours after the pizzas themselves have been eaten. It'll be gone by the morning but I'll most likely still be able to sniff traces of the smell before I go to bed.

My opinion of the smell of pizza cooking, however, is a stark contrast to what I think about the smell of eggs boiling. I like boiled eggs but I dislike the odour that permeates the building while they are boiling; it is not at all appetising to me and I don't like that the smell lasts almost as long as that generated by pizza. I'm not really sure how to describe the smell...bland yet unpleasant?

These are only two examples; I'd provide more but none are coming to mind at this moment. What foods do you like or dislike the smell of while they cook?

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, Pizza. I don't eat eggs, so I never like the smell. :p

    I really love the smell of cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love garlic. Dislike eggs, as well.

    You have blogged every single day since you started, haven't you? 2012 must have been a leap year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garlic is nice, provided it's not too strong! :)

      Yep; since I began in May 2011 I have been able to post every day, even if it's been a really short post.

      Delete