Friday 22 November 2013

"Graduation (Friends Forever)" - Vitamin C

I love this song:


It's "Graduation (Friends Forever)"; it's by Vitamin C and it's the third single from her self-titled debut album. The song was released in 2000 but the earliest I recall hearing it was either in 2005 or 2006 on the Open House Party.

Unfortunately, at present Vitamin C is almost a one-hit wonder. I say "almost" because the single "The Itch" from her second album, More, was successful in Australia, performed fairly well in New Zealand and peaked at #45 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States. Still, I hope we'll see the return of Vitamin C one day; she shouldn't have to be confined to being a very early 2000s hit, even if her single has the distinction of being the theme song for graduating high school students across the globe.

The last time I heard "Graduation (Friends Forever)" on the radio was on the Open House Party during one of my family's final weeks in the United States. I was surprised to learn that I hadn't written about the song until now.

6 comments:

  1. Cute music video. I liked the short hair on the lead gal...short hair seems to be making a comeback here at the high school. Catchy tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that song in 4th grade. ^_^ Now that I'm about to graduate college, it's fitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just amazing how long this song has been around; by some people's standards, it was "old" when I first head it!

      Delete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

    ReplyDelete