Wednesday 28 August 2013

Wollaton Hall pictures

On the 20th of August, my Nottingham-based aunt, uncle and cousins, and I visited Wollaton Hall. Wollaton Hall, which is a country house built during the 1580s, was amongst the most local of the sites we travelled to last week, as the Hall is located within Nottingham. I do not have any pictures of the inside of the Hall; when I am unsure about any rules on photography I default to keeping my camera switched off.

A view of Wollaton Hall's front from a slight angle. While I've never seen it before, my aunt and uncle told me that the Batman film The Dark Knight Rises used Wollaton Hall in several scenes.

Another view looking up the front of the Hall, taken in somewhat of a more "artistic" manner than the previous.

A view of the front grounds from one of the Hall's windows. This picture does not contradict what I wrote earlier about not taking any pictures of the inside as the photo is of the outdoors.

A shot of the Hall over the lake. I, along with my aunt and one cousin, walked the entire path around the lake. It was a pleasant walk for me and my cousin but the horse-flies paid too much attention to my aunt!

The Hall again, this time from the lower grounds, near the entrance. We played a game of cricket and a little Frisbee on this part; my cricket performance had improved substantially when compared to game we had the day before at Rufford Park.

Which is your favourite picture? I consider it to be a close race between #3 and #4.

6 comments:

  1. I really like the first and the fourth. What a cool building!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. The scenery is so breathtaking. I want to go!

    http://clayxmatthewsxfan89.blogspot.com/2013/08/baltimore-ravens-vs-carolina-panthers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; it's a beautiful place and I recommend it!

      Delete
  3. I most like the perspective of the second image, but I'm fascinated by architecture, besides appreciating the lighting. It makes the Hall seem almost like a castle!

    Hurrah for cricket improvement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I agree that it does alter the Hall's appearance to make it look like a castle.

      Yes, I was pleased about the improvement, too. :)

      Delete