Wednesday 7 August 2013

"True Love" - Pink featuring Lily Allen

This song is popular here in the United Kingdom at the moment; it's "True Love" by Pink featuring Lily Allen:


One aspect of modern music in the United Kingdom is the resilience of Pink: I hear one of her songs almost every day at the moment and her music always seems to be a hit. I had somewhat expected her to be an artist we'd only occasionally hear on British radio but no, she's popular over here and her music seems to last forever! Even some of Pink's older singles are played on a near-weekly basis.

It's also a pleasure to hear a new music featuring Lily Allen. Now she is someone I've rarely heard since being back...and she's a British musician! Her absence from the music scene can be attributed to her desire to be with her family; while I deeply respect that, it's great to hear her again.

2 comments:

  1. She was popular here in the early 2000s. I don't listen to a lot of pop radio, but I know on mom's station she surfaces here and there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Pink is still doing well in the US, from what I've heard. :)

      Delete