Thursday 8 August 2013

Jackdaw and pigeon

A jackdaw and a pigeon, together on one roof:

To begin with, the jackdaw and the pigeon ignored each other: The pigeon was cleaning itself while the jackdaw was pecking food off the gutter and the moss. Then, for no obvious reason, the jackdaw ceased ignoring the pigeon and began to intimidate its fellow bird; the pigeon moved away slightly and the jackdaw returned to its meal. The pigeon left a couple of minutes later and the jackdaw followed suit afterwards.

Most likely it was a territorial dispute, with the jackdaw perceiving the pigeon to be in "its" territory, even though the pigeon was a good distance away and wasn't even bothering the jackdaw.

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture. ^_^ I just updated my blog and apparently I have to re-add everyone's blog to my reading list. Ugh. -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Did you lose your entire reading list or was it just a bug? Sometimes Blogger tell me that I have nothing on my reading list but after a couple of refreshes all the blogs I read re-appear.

      Delete