Tuesday 13 August 2013

Current picture renaming

I'll be going to Nottingham for over two weeks, starting this Saturday. After my week there last year and the year before, I had over a thousand images to rename on each occasion; I completed the jobs soon after returning home rather than left them hanging.

My current problem this year, however, is that I already have over a thousand existing images that need renaming. To add to this, I'm not only renaming pictures that I've taken but also ones that Dad has taken with his new phone (it's easier for me to rename them than for him to do the task himself).

I've been behind on renaming pictures all of this year; it is slow and boring work but it needs to be done. Even a one-word file name is far more useful in describing an image's subject than a jumble of letters and numbers! I've already almost halved the backlog in the past few days; I'll be satisfied if I have three-quarters of it cleared by Saturday and completely relieved if I have it all done before I leave! I should not have left it this long.

4 comments:

  1. Might not help, but might help for bunches of images taken in the same place:

    http://www.mediacollege.com/computer/file/batch-rename/windows-7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I did have/do have some batches of similar images and that trick looks incredibly useful. I'll try it out. Thanks, Stephanie! :)

      Delete
  2. I might have to try Stephanie's tip too. I have to upload my images from my two other cameras and clear the cards since Windows 8 tries to put the same pictures on again. Always fun.

    I can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good tip! I like being informed about these clever little tricks. :)

      Likewise, I'm looking forward to hearing about your own trip! :)

      Delete