Saturday 31 August 2013

Nottingham activities pictures

On the 21st of August, my aunt, uncle and one cousin engaged in "indoor" activities for much of the day: we bowled in the morning and went to the cinema in the afternoon. In our two bowling games, my uncle convincingly won the first while I narrowly won the second, bringing me my first-ever bowling victory; while we weren't playing competitively, it did feel good to win at bowling for the first time! I took this day's pictures in the evening:

This is sand. In the centre of Nottingham, a city nowhere near the ocean. What was it doing in Nottingham, then?

The sand in Nottingham comes from the Nottingham Riviera 2013, colloquially known as "The Beach". It brings a beach experience to the Nottingham city centre during the summer and features a selection of activities, such as rides, games and places to eat. According to the Riviera's website, it was launched in 2009 and has been a success.

My aunt, cousin and I all rode the Pirate Ship. It's a pendulum ride, which gradually increased in speed and height until it reached its peak and then slowed down again. We were concerned about a little girl seated unaccompanied behind us on the ride but she turned out to be just fine (her mother was watching her).

 
I had to include a picture of the Nottingham Council House: I love this sunset picture of the building.

2 comments: