Saturday 31 January 2015

"Bye!" the phone silently exclaimed

For Christmas 2011, my grandfather received a Samsung Galaxy S II; back then, this device and the original Galaxy Note were the leading smartphones. Being a follower of technology and gadgets, my grandfather was delighted with the gift and he gave his old phones to me and my brother.

Recently, that phone arrived at its end. My grandfather went to turn it on one day and it refused to activate. Naturally, he was upset, as he was quite fond of the phone and it performed everything he expected of it. He was going to have it repaired but my East of England uncle and Hong Kong uncle both convinced him to purchase a new phone rather than spend £100+ on repairing his old one.

My grandfather's new phone is a Sony Xperia Z3. While he would have preferred to have kept his old phone, he is beyond satisfied with the Z3. His only problem at the moment is that he is searching for a decent protective case for it but I doubt that will be an issue for long.

2 comments:

  1. Love the title of this. :) Good luck to your grandfather with his new phone.

    ReplyDelete