Thursday 22 January 2015

Poetry control (2)

Today was a shockingly easy day. While I narrowly completed my poetry analysis in the allotted time, I think my work was of more-than-decent quality; I'm not sure how well I analysed the two poems but I am sure that my work will be regarded as well-written. I hope I wrote enough about assonance, metaphors and similes, as well as the messages that each poet was conveying! Regardless of what my result for this control will be, I'm satisfied.

The two poems we had to analyse, if you're interested in knowing their names, are "Who's for the Game" by Jessie Pope and "Dulce et Decorum est" by Wilfred Owen. If you enjoy poetry, I recommend reading them.

I wasn't the only one from my class who was present in the control; one of my friends has unavoidable work tomorrow and had to re-arrange, like me, to undertake the control today. Due to the huge gap between our control and Sociology, we had a chance to talk. I ordered food from the cafeteria today.

As for Sociology, it was no more or less difficult than usual and it was an enjoyable lesson. The only problem with Sociology today is that we were forced to vacate our usual classroom due to the loud maintenance work taking place on the building's exterior. When we moved to another room, everyone - save for me - found it too cold!

Overall, I enjoyed today. I'm in a good mood.

4 comments: