Friday 2 January 2015

Bloggers Blog Party - December 2014

December 2014's items for the Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party; unsurprisingly, this month is filled with food pictures:

Monday, 1st December: I mixed some leftover Chinese food together to create a small soup. It was either use the juices for a soup or throw them away; I opted to not waste them.

Thursday, 4th December: For the Sociology break on this day, one of my friends brought in these awesome homemade Malteser cupcakes. I don't recall ever eating cupcakes this delicious before; they were truly scrumptious!

Saturday, 6th December: I noticed this purple mark in the cleaning aisle of a major local store. I assume that some of the cleaning liquid spilled or seeped out onto the floor.

Tuesday, 9th December: You can't see much of it in this picture but this is the Christmas market in the centre of Nottingham. I haven't been to the centre market since this day but I am guessing that the Christmas market has since been dismantled.

Wednesday, 17th December: This was the dessert for the class Christmas party: a strawberry cheesecake, a sugar snowman and a brownie. My sense of taste had been reduced due to my cold but I was still able to detect the flavour of all three treats; they were tasty!

I should note that this image was taken with my phone on its low light setting. Using the flash might have spoilt the picture, hence why I use the low light setting whenever possible.

Thursday, 25th December: This is a bar of chocolate that I ate on Christmas Day; in particular, it is a Crunchie bar.

This is an iced gingerbread tree. My Hong Kong uncle's significant other baked these treats and some others for the family, which was extremely kind of her.

Saturday, 27th December: A shopping street in the centre of Lincoln, which was taken in the early evening. My cousin and I were waiting for my uncle - her father - to finish whatever task he had to complete at the time.

Sunday, 28th December: I added ice cubes to a glass of Baileys Irish Cream because the drink was warm and I think Baileys contains a stronger flavour when it's cold.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, Bailey's is stronger when cold! Nan used to LOVE Baileys Irish Cream and it was always cold. I can only stomach a small glass of it - too strong for me. I think Jameson (the whiskey that is used) is stronger than American whiskey.

    The dessert from December 17th looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we agree that Baileys is better cold! :D

      It was! It would been even more amazing for me if my sense of taste had been at full strength. :)

      Delete
  2. The Baileys and the soup look the best to me.

    ReplyDelete