Monday 12 January 2015

Statistics: means, medians, modes and ranges

As I expected, I enjoyed a pleasant time in mathematics this afternoon. The class has entered a part of the subject that I usually performed well at in the past: statistics. During my mathematics assessments at college, statistics were what I was best at.

Today consisted of learning about means, medians, modes and ranges, which is actually a part of statistics I haven't been great at previously but I think I understood them better this afternoon. Yes, it's good to be back in college.

6 comments:

  1. I remember what the mean and median are, isn't mode a reoccurring number? I didn't look it up, I'm probably wrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mode is the most common number in a series.

      1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6. In that line, the mode is 5 because it appears three times, more than any of the other numbers.

      Delete
  2. Math definitely isn't my strong point. I'm glad it's sticking for you this time around.

    ReplyDelete