Thursday 29 January 2015

Dangerous ice

It snowed for about half an hour while I was at college this afternoon. The snow looked beautiful on the various buildings and cars around the vicinity of my college. By the time it came for me to leave, most of it had melted.

Unfortunately, some of the snow became ice. The uphill road and walkways to my house were covered with slippery black ice and I was forced to almost skate through parts of it to prevent myself from falling. The ice had transformed the concrete from a regular walkway to a dangerous uphill ice rink. If one wasn't careful, they would slip.

As it turned out, I was fine. I returned home without injuring or making a fool of myself on the ice. That being said, I hope that much of the more risky parts of the ice will melt tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I slipped today as I was walking to the bus this morning. I'm okay. I love snow, but hate ice.

    ReplyDelete