Sunday 4 January 2015

Stephanie's "Tag, You're it" challenge

My friend and fellow blogger Stephanie wrote a post that involved a challenge for other bloggers to share a little information about themselves by answering ten questions. Stephanie tagged me to partake in her challenge and I am happy to accept her invitation:

1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm Andrew. I'm British by birth, American by upbringing and now live in Nottingham in the United Kingdom. I'm in my twenties and I attend college.

2. What are your hobbies? Do you have any interests most people don't know about?
I enjoy cooking, meeting with friends and I don't mind performing housework. As for an interest most people don't know about me, I am active on a top-ten website.

3. What is something that is on your bucket list?
I don't have a "bucket list" per se but I want to visit Southern California - Los Angeles and San Diego, in particular - one day. For years wanted to go there; I've long thought of it as a cool region.

4. If you could wake up tomorrow and be anywhere in the world (past, present, or future), where would it be and why?
I think my previous question answers this, although I should add that it would be in the present time.

5. Are you here for the history, the cooking, or the camaraderie?
All three? It's fun to read about history and recipes, and I enjoy interacting with people.

6. What are your 3 favorite History/ DIY / Traditional skills/ Reenacting blogs or websites?
I actually only follow two: World Turn'd Upside Down, which is Stephanie's blog, and Marmota's Dress Diaries.

7.  If you could ask any deceased person one thing, who would you ask and what would you ask?
My father's mother's father. He was present in my life for a short spell and the chance to ask him about his would be fascinating.

8. What are 3 pieces of fiction that will stay with you forever?
Harry Potter, Star Trek in its various forms and Twilight.

9. What literary character best represents you at this point in your life?
This is a hard one...possibly Bree Tanner from the Twilight spin-off book The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. Why? Because, like Bree Tanner, I'm still not sure what I'm doing and am figuring life out! I'll pass on her fate, however.

10. You're stranded on a desert island. The boat won't be back for 3 months. A suitcase washes up on shore. What do you hope is in there?
Some tasty snacks and a laptop, assuming I didn't possess either of those already!

Thank you, Stephanie, for inviting me to participate in your "Tag, you're it" challenge. I enjoyed it and one of these days I ought to create my own "get to know each other" challenge for other bloggers!

3 comments:

  1. Southern California is great. I hope you get there one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great! I hope you don't find this rude, but I know you've lived in the United States for a while so do you have an American accent or British or a mix? I've been wondering what way I should read your posts in my head. :) I've actually never been out west.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not rude at all, Stephanie. :) It seems to depend on who you talk to. I maintain that I have a mix, as do quite a few other people. Others think I have an unidentifiable British accent (in other words, I don't sound as though I come from any particular region).

      I think you'd enjoy visiting the Western United States; it's a great place! :D

      Delete