Friday 5 December 2014

"The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" - Alvin and the Chipmunks

For my first Christmas song for this month, it's "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" by Alvin and the Chipmunks:


"The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" was originally released in 1958. As for Alvin and the Chipmunks, I recall watching a cartoon of them on television when I was a child; I think I watched it from 1996-97.

In my recent post about Christmas songs, my friend and fellow blogger Jessica suggested that I highlight this track. Thank you, Jessica, for your contribution to this year's tracklist!

4 comments:

  1. How do they do that? Helium?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Andrew! I love this song and I used to have it on my old iPod. I'd hear this song every day of the year. :)

    Susie, we talked about this in a science class once, they sped up the record. I think 45 RPM is normal record speed, so they put it 33.3 RPM to make it go really fast and high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun track. :) Thanks for some of its background!

      Delete