Tuesday 16 December 2014

Drinking tea

I am not a tea drinker: I am a staunch supporter of coffee. I almost always look forward to my one-cup-a-day mug of coffee; however, for the duration of this cold, I haven't drunk any coffee. The only warm drink I've ingested has been tea.

That's right, tea. The sole reason I have been drinking tea is because of its medicinal purposes; I figured my cold would vanish quicker if I consumed tea, both due to its cold-curing natural ingredients and because of its warmth when it travels down my throat. In addition, I usually only drink one cup of coffee per day; I've been drinking up to three cups of tea a day. I would estimate that I've drank more tea in the past five days than I have in the past matching number of years.

Of course, I'll return to coffee once I have vanquished this tedious cold. It just goes to demonstrate how one's everyday behaviour changes to combat an illness.

(And yes, I have been drinking tea. Earl Grey. Hot. Points if you get that reference!)

4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! I didn't realize Earl Grey has medicinal purposes. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Earl Grey probably doesn't have the same medicinal benefits as herbal teas but I've found that it's helped me.

      Delete
  2. Yep, lol! Gotta love him. :) I love tea, but not a fan of Earl Grey. I prefer herbal tea with a cup of coffee.

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete