Saturday 13 December 2014

Badly-timed sickness

On Wednesday afternoon, I started to develop a cold, which caused my Sociology and English lessons of this week's classes to be extremely stressful and difficult. Never before had I struggled so much at college as I did on Thursday and Friday. For English, my teacher told me to leave early but I managed to see the lesson through to its conclusion.

This cold couldn't have come at a worse time. I am supposed to be baking a cake tomorrow and in the next few days I was going to start handing out Christmas cards but if I don't improve rapidly when I retire later, they will both have to wait. My last three classes of 2014 are next week and the Christmas party for my class is on Wednesday; I cannot even begin to fathom how angry and disappointed I will be if I miss the party due to being ill. It's just not acceptable.

I spent much of today resting and if I need to do the same thing tomorrow, I will. I really want to minimise or knock this cold on the head before Tuesday - preferably before Monday - rolls around. On the bright side, I feel better today compared to yesterday, so I am hopeful that I will recover in time.

Honestly, of all the moments to be sick, why now?

3 comments:

  1. I am; now hoping that I'll continue to improve in time for tomorrow and Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete