Monday 22 December 2014

Everyone arrives

Tomorrow, other relatives will start arriving here at my grantparents' house. The first will be my Hong Kong uncle, who will likely be staying until the end of the year. After him will be East of England relatives, although they're spread out across the country and it's not known in what order they will appear.

The only negative factors that are still looming over this Christmas are my health and my grandmother's. She is in the last stages of her cold and I'm still battling mine; granted, I feel better than I did a few days ago but I'm still burning through tissues and my voice has yet to recover (the fact I've almost lost my voice is a new one for me; that just hasn't happened before). On the bright side, I am sleeping again and a robust rest tonight might be enough to eliminate the remaining worst of my cold.

I'm hoping that we're both past the infectious stages, too; I can't see me and my grandmother being popular if we spread our diseases to everyone else!

6 comments:

  1. Maybe you need an antibiotic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think antibiotics are any good at treating viruses.

      Delete
    2. But it could have turned into a sinus infection. It has happened to me.

      Delete
    3. Well, my cold is almost over now so I should be okay without any additional medicine. :)

      Delete
  2. I think you should be past the infectious stage since you've had this cold for a while! Feel better and have fun!

    ReplyDelete