Friday 28 November 2014

"Stars Are Blind" - Paris Hilton

Here is another song that I enjoyed from the 2006-07 period; it might be a surprising choice:


It's "Stars Are Blind" by Paris Hilton; it is the debut single from her debut album, Paris. The song was a moderate-to-significant hit in the summer of 2006 and I enjoyed listening whenever my radio station played it. I think it's a shame that Hilton's music wasn't more popular; she has not released another studio album since Paris but in 2013 and 2014, respectively, she released two singles: "Good Time" and "Come Alive". Hilton is recording a second album but there is not a release date at this time.

It baffles me that after all these years, Hilton still ranks high on lists of unpopular celebrities. It's baffling because for the past few years she has mostly kept her head down and - to my knowledge - she has not engaged in attention-seeking activities.

I'm also surprised that I hadn't written about "Stars Are Blind" prior to today; I thought that I had once covered it.

2 comments:

  1. When I clicked on youtube it said the video wasn't available in my country...
    I must admit I don't have a favorable opinion of Paris Hilton. But you're right, she's been out of the public eye for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's odd...it's a US video!

      I can think of people who are far more attention-seeking than she is but don't attract anywhere near the amount of criticism or outright hatred that she does (not that the hate is justified against anyone, mind you).

      Delete