Thursday 13 November 2014

Asleep on the bus

When I rode the bus back home from college this evening, the person whom I was sat next to was asleep. They were sleeping for the vast majority of the journey and the usual noises of the bus appeared to have little effect on waking them.

I hope that they didn't miss their stop and that they made it safely to their destination. It becomes dark early here at this time of the year and it's cold outside. With any luck, the worst that will have happened is that the bus completed its loop and the person travelled past the point where they boarded.

The event reminded me of when I returned from Manchester on the train back at the end of September. When my train arrived in Nottingham, a guy asked me where the train had just stopped; I replied that we were in Nottingham. He and his friend were supposed to depart the train at Sheffield but had slept past their stop.

4 comments:

  1. It's almost guaranteed that when I take the Microsoft shuttle home from work I'm falling asleep on it. I never sleep that soundly though and have never even come close to sleeping through my stop. Also, it's not really public transportation so the stranger danger is pretty low.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you did sleep heavily, at least you won't be in much danger.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, it gets dark here early too. I remember people falling asleep on the bus in the mornings. I rode the bus with them for a while and usually I'd wake them up before their stop came up. Ah, I miss that sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't deliberately woken anyone up on the bus. :)

      Delete