Tuesday 20 May 2014

"Vindicated" - Dashboard Confessional

On the 31st of this month, this song will be ten years old:


It's "Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional. The song comes from their fourth studio album, Dusk and Summer, but is more known for being on the soundtrack to Spider-Man 2 (2004), where it played during the credits. Dashboard Confessional have released two more studio albums, The Shade of Poison Trees and Alter the Ending, since "Vindicated".

A few years ago, a friend of mine went to a Maroon 5 concert where Dashboard Confessional were the opening act. My friend noticed someone in the audience stay for the Dashboard Confessional segment of the concert, but then saw that person leave when Maroon 5 themselves came on; that person never returned. She and I agreed that it seemed extreme for someone to pay full-price Maroon 5 tickets just to see one of their opening acts! (Unless, of course, they got the tickets for free, but even then it would be a waste to leave early.)

I chose to write a music post today because I needed some extra time for my next two blog posts, which are about major events that are about to occur on this continent in the coming days.

4 comments:

  1. I used to have this album... it's hard to believe it's 10 years old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the album but I've always like the song. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh man, that makes me feel old. All kinds of things I used to like when I was nearing the end of High School are having their 10 year anniversaries. Mean Girls, this song... Ok there are definitely more but it's the end of the work day for me and my brain is mushy. But thanks for the throwback song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) (And I love Mean Girls!)

      Delete