Friday 9 May 2014

The splitting chair

The chair for my desk is starting to split.

That's right. The plastic material covering the seat part of my chair has begun to split; left unchecked, it will continue to split, which will cause it to break off in flakes and it will then have to vacuumed off the floor. Fortunately, the problem can be contained by placing a cushion over the seat, which I have done.

This is not the first time that this has happened to me. My previous chair began to split and flake away (the two chairs came from a dinner table set and were not expensive), and had to be replaced with the chair I use now. I didn't bother to use a cushion last time and the chair deteriorated to the point where it became unusable.

Of course, this is not a major problem in the long run. Just a mere annoyance and something to write about.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, mom has that problem with her chairs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if that was meant to be funny, but it was. Can you invest in an office chair? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was humorous intent there, so I'm glad you found some amusement. :)

      Delete