Monday 12 May 2014

Keith Crisco

I have been following the Democratic primary for North Carolina's 2nd congressional district. This primary race is notable because one of the candidates is American Idol season two runner-up Clay Aiken. Since May 7th, he and his main primary opponent, Keith Crisco, have been locked in a tight race, in which Aiken has a slim lead. Sadly, Crisco has died:


Crisco died at a fall in his home; no foul play has been reported, although Crisco's death has set off conspiracy theory lunatics who seem to think that Aiken himself was behind it. Any such conspiracies should be dismissed unless otherwise proved, which is unlikely because they are nonsense.

I wanted Aiken to win the primary, but I didn't want him to win like that and I'm sure that he didn't want to win in this manner, either. I hope that the memory of Crisco won't be insulted by someone using his death as a campaign tool. From what I've read, Crisco was a respected figure in North Carolina, and had a reputation for being a kind man and active in his community.

J. Keith Crisco
April 22, 1943 - May 12, 2014

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I heard this first on your blog. Must read more news. Or maybe you should get a job with the news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally did read CNN last night. I usually do night time news reading. A always thought Clay seemed like a nice person, at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've always thought he's a good guy, too; that's why I wanted him to win the primary and (hopefully) win the main election. I just didn't think Keith Crisco would die; it's awful for Crisco's family.

      Delete