Sunday 18 May 2014

"True" - Ryan Cabrera

This is a song from my brother's music collection, although I like it, too:


It's "True" by Ryan Cabrera and it's from his second album, Take It All Away. Cabrera was popular on American music charts in 2004 and 2005 with this song and with "On the Way Down". Later in 2005, he released "40 Kinds of Sadness and "Shine On", two singles from his subsequent album You Stand Watching, but their success did not reach anything close to that of the aforementioned songs. His most recent album is The Moon Under Water, which he released in 2008; Cabrera is currently working on another album.

Cabrera has appeared twice before on my blog: I wrote an article about him in September 2012 and he appeared in passing in January of this year in a post I wrote about one-hit wonders.

4 comments:

  1. What type of hair product does Ryan wear? Heavy Duty Concrete Paste or something? I know you don't know. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think his hairstyle was quite well-known back then. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh Ryan Cabrera. I used to like him a lot (and his relationship with Ashlee Simpson). I was reminiscing with a high school friend about him the other day when his song came on an old cd, ha! We actually went to see his concert in Portland for my 18th birthday (in 2004).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool coincidence. :)

      I hope it was a good concert!

      Delete