Friday 2 May 2014

Bloggers Blog Party - April 2014

My April 2014 contributions to the Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party:

Saturday, 5th April: When my grandfather and I went for a walk on my second day in Nottingham, we walked past this field. Now that it's almost been a month since that walk, I wonder how the field has changed.

Tuesday, 8th April: This is a box of Carr's Table Water crackers, which my grandmother bought. A few weeks ago on the blog of my friend Susie, I mentioned that I had not seen this brand of crackers since I had been back in the United Kingdom. I haven't been particularly observant, as I learnt on the day my grandmother bought these that Carr's are a British company and the crackers are common in stores over here.

Monday, 14th April: These daffodil heads were floating in this dirty water in the bigger pond at the local park. While it's possible that the wind blew them in, the more likely explanation is that some vandal picked the heads off the stems and threw them in.

Tuesday, 22nd April: This was the day when I finished my Easter candy, which consisted of these three bars of chocolate.

Monday, 28th April: Some water lillies in the smaller pond down at the park. They can't be seen clearly in this picture, but several water-dwelling bugs were swimming to and from the lillies.

Wednesday, 30th April: This is a small green beetle that was in the utility room. I liked its colour and photographed it for that reason and because I wanted to see if the camera on my phone could focus up close on a tiny object.

6 comments:

  1. Carr crackers are awesome! I haven't had them in a while, sadly, :(

    Beautiful pictures! It's hard to believe your visit to your grandparents' was last month... that means it's been a month since mom and dad were in Florida; now they're in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even eat any from that box and it was bought for me! :/

      Thanks! Yes, it's amazing that it's almost been a month!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I didn't notice those flowers were floating until you said so. Very nice images. I like the beetle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They almost look as though they're just lying on the ground. :)

      Thank you. I was pleased with that beetle picture; I'm glad it wasn't blurred!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know Carr's were British. The daffodils look pretty, though you are probably right about the reason they were floating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to learn it, too! Yes, I think that's the case. :(

      Delete