Thursday 22 November 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving for me this year has pretty much been as it was one year ago: a quiet day. I've had a good walk and later on we'll have a nice meal. It will be good to know someone to celebrate it with in person again, but for now it's a private occasion.

What am I thankful for this year? Well, my family and my relatives for starters, and I'm thankful for both their good health and my good health. I'm thankful to live in a nice home in a decent neighbourhood, I'm thankful for all the new people I've been able to meet this year, and thankful for new experiences. There's a lot more I need/have/want to do, and I'm sure I can improve upon 2012's events.

Without wanting this to become political, I don't think I speak solely for myself when I say that I am thankful that the United States presidential election of 2012 is finally over! Regardless of viewpoints or even what country people live in, I think everyone is glad the election has ended, that we no longer have to hear about any campaigning, and now we can enjoy a nice Thanksgiving and next month we can celebrate Christmas.

Also, as I mentioned last year, I'm thankful for my readers, a fair amount of them who double as my friends. Thank you!

I hope those celebrating today will have a joyous time with their friends and family. It doesn't matter if you're having a small event, a family get-togethers, or even a huge party: Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful post. Although my health isn't 100%, I'm thankful I have wonderful doctors and good enough health. :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica, I appreciate that. :) I really do hope you'll get better soon.

      Happy Thanksgiving! :D

      Delete