Friday 30 November 2012

Birthday dinner 2012

My 22nd birthday took place this month. The main difference between this birthday and the ones before it was having the chance to cook part of the dinner myself. I chose pancakes:

This is the pancake I made for myself; it's my best-cooked pancake to date, even though it wasn't intentional to make the pancake for me the finest of the night!

The finished dish consisted of a pancake topped with ground beef and shredded cheddar cheese, with beans (black-eyed and kidney) mixed into the meat. It's a fairly simple meal: just mix your favourite pancake recipe with your favourite spaghetti sauce recipe and it's done! I wanted to prepare the meat but Mum and Dad did it for me anyway; if I have this meal next year I'll be doing it myself!

6 comments:

  1. Ohh I'm sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday on your actual birthday. Anyway: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it. ;) I appreciate wishes that have come after the birthday, so thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! so funny - that very much sounds like the European version of Mexican food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D

      I hadn't though of that! I love Mexican food. :)

      Delete