Monday 22 August 2011

Into Nottingham pictures

The 13th of August was my brother and mine's last full day of our trip to Nottingham. My aunt, cousin, brother, and myself walked to the middle of Nottingham, and here are a few of the pictures I took that day:

This is a view of the Trent with a little of Nottingham shown in the background taken from one of the bridges, Trent Bridge, between Nottingham and West Bridgford. While I think this is a decent picture of mine, it would have been even better with a little more sunshine.

Looking back towards West Bridgford, this is the Rushcliffe Civic Centre. I think this building was originally a hotel, but was sold to the local council.

One of the roads near the middle of Nottingham. I do not think I had even travelled in a car down this road prior to today, let alone walked on it.

Just outside Westfield Broadmarsh is a narrow path that leads you out of the main shopping district and into this alleyway. We went this way to go to Nottingham Castle.

Near Nottingham Castle is this cobbled path. Unfortunately, we did not go into Nottingham Castle nor into its grounds on this day, as apparently it is currently in season and hideously expensive to get in for what it is (especially in relation to other places we visited that week). It was nice to visit the area, however, as it was not a part of Nottingham I had been to until then.

This is a view of a small selection of buildings up near Nottingham Castle.

I took this in the Old Market Square area of Nottingham. Old Market Square is the largest market square in the United Kingdom.

Finally, this is an image that I am pleased with: while it does not look like it is a very high quality picture of the Nottingham Council House (with window panes and dirty glass obstructing the view), it was taken from the highest floor in the Waterstone's bookstore.

It was a good walk to the middle of Nottingham that day, both to buy some things that we wanted from the stores and to see some parts of Nottingham that we had not seen before. It was a wonderful walk, but we were exhausted from all the walking once we got back to my aunt and uncle's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment