Tuesday 23 August 2011

Last comments on the Nottingham trip

So, the last seventeen posts on my blog have been about our trip to Nottingham, but I think there is room for one more, with some final thoughts on the matter. First off, even though I did this in person, I wish to thank my aunt, uncle, and cousins on my blog for everything they did for us that week, from the new places they took us to visit to things we had experienced before and wanted to do again: it was all grand, so thank you. I also wish to thank for grandparents here for letting them stay with us for the duration of the trip.

What, you may ask, was my favourite part of our time there? Was it the maze at Chatsworth House, visiting Shakespeare's Birthplace, going to the cinema twice in two days, or perhaps even the Haunted House ride at Drayton Manor? (Okay, maybe not that last one.) An easy answer would be to say that everything that we did was equally good, and to be honest, that is the case for the most part, but to me, the part that stands out the most was spending time with family as well as gaining two new friends, and just having a great time with them.

While Stratford-upon-Avon was (in my opinion) the best place we visited with everything that day being perfect, to me, getting a chance to spend time with family in a way we had not been able to do so before means even more. When we lived in the United States, it was not easy for family other than my grandparents to visit (even that was only a few times), and other than a couple of business-related trips that took Dad to the United Kingdom, it was not easy for us to visit family in turn. It was a delight to spend more than a week with them, and I know the feeling was reciprocated. To add to this, it was also great to call two more people our friends before the trip ended.

The Nottingham trip was a brilliant experience for all involved. We all have fond memories of everything that happened, plus hundreds, if not thousands of pictures of what we did together.

Finally, I shall conclude this post with another picture of the rainbow that began our trip to Nottingham:

No comments:

Post a Comment