Monday 29 August 2011

Sweet things

Yesterday I finished the last of the candies I bought on the Nottingham trip. Believe it or not, I did take pictures of them...more for a bit of fun than anything else. Here they are:

My uncle bought this lollipop at the Nottingham Riverside Festival. To my knowledge, I had never eaten a wheel-lollipop (not even a small one like this) until I consumed this one. It was very sweet, as one would expect from lollipops, but had a nice sugary taste to it, and I brushed my teeth right after eating it.

Here is the lollipop again, with a bag of jelly babies, a nougat bar, and another lollipop: I bought those three candies from the Stratford Sweet Shop in Stratford-upon-Avon. The lollipop I bought was similar to the one my uncle bought, but it was a little more fruity; the jelly babies came in flavours such as orange, lemon, and blackcurrant (at least it tasted like that); and the nougat was tutti-frutti flavoured. All of these were delicious, and I am glad I had tried them.

This is a happy-faced chocolate lollipop from Hotel Chocolat. I had one of these last year, and wanted to buy another one: Although it looks like a simple chocolate lollipop with a smiley face, the chocolate used to make these is among the tastiest chocolate I have ever had. If you ever visit Hotel Chocolat in Nottingham, I definitely recommend trying one of these.

I prefer not to eat a lot of candies, but the occasional sweet things like these are okay. I did not buy any souvenirs like mugs or magnets on our trip, but the beauty with food is that you can share it with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment