Wednesday 1 March 2017

Global Week 2017

It's currently Global Week at NTU. Essentially, each day of the week, students from various countries can set up stands in the Pavilion to represent their respective countries and show off aspects of them, such as food, culture and/or landscapes. Yesterday, it was the African nations who had the floor (I sampled some Somalian desserts - very sweet but very tasty!) whereas today the European nations were present.

I had intended to go in to see a particular stand I'd been told to check out but in addition to that one, I visited the Ireland stand. The latter was being hosted by a friend of mine - a third year student I met on my move-in day - and she was happy to see me; she invited me to help her out and I happily did so. For about two hours I helped my friend represent her country until I had to leave to attend a student forum meeting.

Having the chance to actually participate in Global Week - rather than just sample foods from stands - was a highly enjoyable activity and I'd like to be able to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment