Wednesday 14 October 2015

Taking back the days

During my last college course, I attended four classes over four days a week (Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays); for this course, I'm only in for three (Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays). However, what is lost in days is made up for in time: last year three of my lessons were for three hours and one was two. This year, I'm in all day Monday and Friday, and in for most of Tuesday.

I'm now in the process of increasing my time there to be in on Wednesdays and Thursdays, too. When I complete work at home, I tend to do it inefficiently in that I become distracted and end up doing something else for a while before I return to my work. When I'm working in the college library, I am just working; even with all the chatter and other noises, I still achieve more there than in a quiet bedroom.

I have the freedom this year to do this because I have been granted a proper bus pass rather than a card that the college needs to top up with money every couple of months. The bus pass gives me unlimited travel on most Trentbarton buses in this area, which is also why I've had access to places such as Stapleford and Calverton. This pass expires in late July of next year.

I enjoy being in college so going in on weekdays when my lessons aren't present is not a problem for me; I complete my work, I love being there and it costs nothing for me to travel. There's no downside.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked college. I loved learning and having somewhere to go. I even liked the buses because i could read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it for the same reasons. :) I listen to music on the bus because reading on a moving vehicle can make me ill.

      Delete