Thursday 10 July 2014

The long-lasting batteries follow-up

Back in April of 2013, I switched the batteries in my camera from regular AAs to rechargeable AAs. To begin with these batteries were great: instead of having to open a new packet of AAs every few months, all I had to do was recharge them. While the rechargeable batteries have slightly shorter lifespans, their ability to be recharged makes up for this.

Well, it used to, anyway. In recent months, the charge in the batteries has been reducing with every recharge; worse yet, the batteries have been depleting even when my camera has been off. On more than one occasion have I turned my camera on only to have it tell me that its batteries need replacing. I've ended up missing some interesting pictures as a result.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point; at this rate, I'll be switching back to standard AA batteries, which will be unfortunate but at least they last for a few months rather than a few days.

4 comments:

  1. Awww. :( Sometimes battery issues are awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found the same thing. I just use regular batteries now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dad gave me our other set of rechargeable batteries; I'll see how they go.

      Delete