Monday 14 July 2014

Sweex Vici MP4 Player Black 4GB follow-up

Since my post about my Sweex Vici MP4 Player, I used it as a media player for the first time. The music playback sounds fine, which I expected because the quality of my earbuds is high. The two problems I've discovered have been its battery life and its left arrow button.

The battery life has been oddly short; I was surprised when the device reported that it had dropped from 50% charge to 25% after fourteen minutes of playback. To be fair, it wasn't fully-charged, and so I will try it again with a full battery. An hour of playback isn't terrible, mind you, considering that it is a cheap product.

The bigger problem is with its left arrow button: it does not seem to work; as such, I cannot turn down the volume, which is one of its tasks. This is problematic when a loud song comes on: I don't want to damage my hearing by blasting music into my ears. I need to be able to turn the volume down like I do when I listen via my headphones to music on my phone.

Even with these two problems, I am keeping the my Sweex Vici MP4 player. I can get around the issue with the left arrow button by keeping only quieter songs on the device.

No comments:

Post a Comment