Sunday 20 July 2014

"Boom Clap" - Charli XCX

This song, which has been out in the United States since mid-June, was released in the United Kingdom today:


It's "Boom Clap" by Charli XCX and it's the first single from The Fault in Our Stars (Music from the Motion Picture), the soundtrack for the film The Fault in Our Stars. Charli XCX is more known for her features on the singles of other artists, in particular Icona Pop's "I Love It" and Iggy Azalea's "Fancy", rather than for her own work; I think it's great that she's now receiving solo recognition.

I first covered Charli XCX in October 2013 when I wrote about her song "SuperLove". Unfortunately, that song got voted off the radio station I listen to, which is another reason why I'm glad for her recent success.

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to listen to it tomorrow. :) I love "I Love It."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this song is such a jam. I saw The Fault in Our Stars when it came out in theater, but I don't really remember the song in the movie. I listened to it quite a bit this weekend though, when I (re)discovered it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even seen The Fault in Our Stars; I just know that it's from a book and that this song comes from it! :o

      Delete