Monday 21 July 2014

Sheep run

My family and I visited Rutland Water a few days ago. This was a sight to behold:

It's a group of sheep running back to their field after spending some time by the water. This paved path here crosses the dam segment of Rutland Water; the sheep climb over the dam's rocks to reach the water. The trails the sheep have made on the rocks reminded me of deer trails in Southern Oregon.

A few minutes after I took this picture, another group of four sheep crossed the dam, except this time they were going from the field to the water. The one who went up onto the rocks first had to wait for several minutes before her three followers joined her.

4 comments:

  1. Ah neat! When my parents were in Ireland, dad had the chance to hold a lamb. So adorable. Eventually I would love to own goats, lambs, cats, chinchillas and whatever else. Yes, I'd love to have a farm.

    ReplyDelete