Sunday 27 July 2014

Liveland History: 27 July 2011

On the 27th of July, 2011, I wrote "2012 Summer Olympics in a year", my one-year countdown post to the 2012 Summer Olympics in London:


Back then, I was unsure about the United Kingdom hosting the Olympics: I didn't think that this country had the facilities and proper motivation to hold them. As such, I expected the 2012 Olympics to be riddled with problems and controversy, and to be ridiculed at home and abroad; when the Olympics finally did arrive, they were a massive success and I was delighted to be proved wrong. I even watched some of those Olympics, as I was staying at my grandparents' house and, as I've written before, my grandmother is a sports fan.

Coincidentally, the 2014 Commonwealth Games, which are being held in Glasgow, Scotland, are currently underway and since I'm at my grandparents' house, I've been watching some of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment