Wednesday 23 July 2014

GIF creator

When my father got his new phone last year, one aspect of the device of which I was particularly envious was its camera, as it was far more advanced in its hardware and software than the camera I had on mine. The software feature that fascinated me the most was its ability create GIFs.

Last night, inspired by the Snapseed app that my uncle recommended, I decided to have a look for a GIF-generating app and after less than a minute spent searching, I found one. I created a couple of GIFs of my brother and mother just to test the app out; they worked! I can now create my own GIFs.

I don't need a GIF-generating app but it's one of those things that's nice to have. An app or camera feature that would be incredibly useful is one that lets you know when you're about to take a slanted picture and can straighten it for you...

On a related note, I've always pronounced GIF with a hard G, like the word grass, rather than with a soft G like the word gym. I was surprised when I heard that there is a significant minority of people who pronounce it as "jif", which has caused a dispute over the pronunciation. Of all the things to argue about!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I pronounce it with a hard "G" as well. I've never heard it pronounced as "jif." Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either until about a year or so ago when the creator of GIFs suddenly announced that it's pronounced "jif". Nah...hard G here, too! :D

      Delete