Friday 11 July 2014

Sweex Vici MP4 Player Black 4GB

A few weeks ago, Dad re-discovered this device in a drawer:

It's a Sweex Vici MP4 Player, the Black 4GB version. As its name implies, it is primarily a media player, but it contains a diverse selection of other features: it has a small camera (the pictures and videos are somewhat blurred but otherwise adequate), a microphone, an FM radio, a calculator, a stopwatch and even an e-book mode. One might say that it can do all the basic tasks that a smartphone can do, minus the ability to make calls and texts, and doesn't have any connection to the Internet.

I looked on Amazon to see if it was still available for purchase; the model is but it's in purple rather than black. The Sweex Vici MP4 Player was released in mid-2010, just before the smartphone era really started to take over; it's no wonder that this device is now obsolete. Regardless, it's still a cool little gadget; I haven't yet used it for music but I will do.

As for how this Sweex Vici MP4 Player came into my possession, my grandfather sent it to me three years ago after he won it in a competition. In that competition, he also won a high-quality laptop, but he kept that!

2 comments:

  1. That's really neat looking! I thought it was an iPod!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think other people have also said that it resembles an iPod.

      Delete