Thursday 19 June 2014

The empty fairground (2)

To avoid a repeat of yesterday, I walked to the fair in the afternoon. In regards to the weather, today was the better day, as it was cloudy outside and there was a breeze present. This all sounds good, so what was the problem? Exactly the same as yesterday morning...the fair wasn't open! The buildings and facilities were all there, but nothing was happening. I walked around the block and headed back home.

The fair will officially close on Saturday, but from my current perspective, that would just be a formality given that I haven't seen it open. I might try again on Saturday to see if there will be some activity then; if nothing else, I will have had three long walks this week!

7 comments:

  1. Pity. :( Maybe they aren't opened except for the evenings during the weekday and all day on the weekends? It was cooler here too, but it rained for most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about the evenings, but I am pretty sure it'll be open tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Here, the fair is HUGE. The part I like best? All the prisoners on a day pass helping out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I recall correctly, they're the ones dressed in orange, aren't they?

      Heh, this is a small fair. :)

      Delete
  3. I guess mental patients get a day pass...prisoners on work release help at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so weird. Maybe you're going too early and it isn't open yet? And yes, at least you got some exercise if nothing else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible, although I think it's more likely that it hasn't been open during the weekdays. I'll be going again tomorrow. :)

      Delete