Sunday 15 June 2014

Human cat perch

I've seen this video, filmed in July 2008, appear several times these past few days:


It's certainly an interesting routine; I don't think I've heard of a cat that willingly sat atop a person's head. Cats are strange (and lovable) creatures, but this is weird even by feline standards!

There is no way that our cat Smudge could ever have done anything similar. Assuming he had ever developed the desire to balance himself on top of someone's head, his sheer size and weight would have been too much for that person; more likely, though, he would have just fallen off and taken the towel with him.

4 comments:

  1. According to nan and my parents, nan's old cat used to do this when I was a baby! Nan had to shoo him away since I was an infant. I guess they like the body heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat! It's good to hear about another cat doing this. :)

      Delete
  2. That was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete