Tuesday 17 June 2014

Liveland History: 17 June 2011

When I began Air Nice-to-Livelands in May 2011, my early posts received little readership, which I expected; however, now that I have a greater readership than I did back then I'd like to highlight some of my old works in a segment that I have called Liveland History.

A Liveland History post will highlight a blog post of mine that is over three years old and will feature a summary of that old post. The Liveland History posts will be infrequent - no more than two of them per month - as I do not want my blog to become a recycling bin for my old posts. No, this segment is intended to provide the occasional trip to this blog's past. I know that my readers would be unhappy if I constantly brought back old material and, in all honesty, so would I.

-------------

The first early post of mine that I would like to highlight is "Gopher snakes", which I wrote on 17 June 2011:


In "Gopher snakes", I wrote about a type of wildlife in Oregon for which my brother and I had a strong fascination: gopher snakes. I explained about how to recognise gopher snakes and what to expect from them in regards to their behaviour towards humans. I also included a picture of a gopher snake in my hand and warned readers to seek additional advice and research before looking for wild snakes or catching them: better to leave animals alone rather than risk harm to them or yourself.

-------------

The text in the dotted lines is how the average Liveland History post will be; however, I expect the length to vary based on how long or short the highlighted post is, and whether or not I have any additional comments to make about it.

Is Liveland History something that would interest you? Like I said, I wouldn't be writing the segment often but I would like to occasionally re-feature and write about some of my early posts. Please do let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I think that's what I commented on and that's how we became friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been around your blog a bit, but definitely haven't seen it all. Sure!

    ReplyDelete