Thursday 12 June 2014

"Teenagers" - My Chemical Romance

In the last couple of days, I learnt that the band My Chemical Romance split up last year. I listened to this song of theirs again:


It's "Teenagers", which is from the band's 2006 album The Black Parade. Gerard Way, the lead singer of My Chemical Romance, said that he was inspired to write the song after traveling on a subway in a train filled with teenagers. Besides teenagers, the song's theme is about the over-prevalence of violence.

"Teenagers" is one of two My Chemical Romance songs that I've heard (or can recall hearing). The other is "Welcome to the Black Parade".

4 comments:

  1. I think I remember hearing that. I love "Helena" and "Father."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have heard either/both of those two but "Teenagers" and "Welcome to the Black Parade" are the only two I can recall.

      Delete
  2. That seemed outside your genre... :)

    ReplyDelete